Thank you for joining us in Madrid! Presentations from the Summit are linked in the agenda.
On February 5 – 9, 2024, the Minor Use Foundation brought together growers, regulators, researchers, and crop protection professionals in Madrid, Spain for the fourth Global Minor Use Summit (GMUS-4).
Thank you to everyone who participated, it was indeed a very rich set of discussions. We were so pleased to have such diverse and experienced representation at the meeting and we appreciate everyone’s contributions.
As we digest everything we heard, we will be focused on the following key takeaways and will be hard at work on those “game changing” ideas:
- Technology: Understanding and learning to leverage new technologies for crop protection outcomes
- Engagement: Increasing connections and engagement with growers around the world
- Strengthening Codex: Supporting CCPR/JMPR (particularly with regard to crop group work, JMPR support, and preserving access to key older chemistries)
- Importance of Minor Uses: Building political will and a toolkit for governments to support minor use programs around the world
- Increasing impact: Incorporation of environmental and social/economic indicators/outcomes
- Creative and pragmatic solutions: Incorporation of biological solutions, residue mitigation projects, regional registrations, import tolerances, and others